Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Info from athletic dept. re: possible pay-per-view

I got a nice message from Marc Boehm at the NU Athletic Department regarding the possibility of pay-per-view broadcasts for the first three Husker games, which otherwise wouldn't be televised. In short, it sounds like plenty needs to be worked out, but the athletic department is pursuing that possibility. Here's Mr. Boehm's message:

Bill-We are currently working with FSN Midwest to get the games on pay-per-view. Obviously these things take a little time, but I see no problem in getting this done. Many thanks for your support. Marc

Sure is nice to get a prompt, friendly response.

3 comments:

The List said...

Although I completely understand the decision by the prime time powers that be to pass on any of the first three games, I question A&M vs. New Mexico on 9/6, as well as the Washington State vs. Baylor game on 9/13. I honestly believe that the Huskers are a bigger draw than Washington State and Baylor combined. You could argue that NU has a bigger audience than A&M.

My hope is that the Huskers throttle Western Michigan, then get picked up on PPV for the next two games. I'll pay!!!

Unknown said...

I wish all three games could be on PPV. Husker nation would pay for it that is for sure.

Cliff from NebSports.Com

Anonymous said...

Can Nebraska put video on the internet and add audio play by play?  Set up an internet pay for view.
Husker83