Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Good Read

I just got done reading a very good book about college football. It is called "Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer," and while it has nothing to do with the Nebraska Cornhuskers, it is a funny and insightful look at what it means to be a fan from the perspective of a journalist who also happens to be a huge supporter of the Alabama Crimson Tide.

The author, Warren St. John, purchases an RV and imbeds himself in the Alabama RV tailgating culture. Along the way he encounters plenty of characters, crackpots and crazies. I read quite a few sports books, and highly recommend this one.

Got any good suggestions for books on college football? Let me hear 'em.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

On a separate subject, I'd like some indepth analysis by Bill Stewart on the punters & kickers. For example, I presumed Kunalik would dominate the FG duties for last years season, but apparently his accuracy was in question. Will our kicking be subpar (range)compared to the rest of the Big 12?

Thanks, Roy

Anonymous said...

Bill Marks rather!

Anonymous said...

husker

Bill Marks said...

Roy,

Your good idea coincides nicely with my plans to put together a breakdown of each position for the 2008 squad. Because of your request, I'll "kick it off" with the kickers and punters.

Thanks.

--Bill

Anonymous said...

So, if I want to submit article, would you put it up? Where would I post the article? Would I send the article to you via email? Do you have a "guest" slot? If so, I'd be interested. I have written TONS of articles for BHF.com and one even for the bleacherreport.com.