Saturday, July 19, 2008

I'm Back

Long time, no blog. Sorry about that. I've been on a family vacation from our home in Arizona back to the land of wine and Runzas -- Nebraska.

It was great being back. Took the family to the zoo, saw many relatives, but the most gratifying experience from a Husker perspective was getting a tour of Memorial Stadium and the new athletic facilities.

Though our tour guide was a fairly cranky volunteer who I had to correct a few times on matters of Husker history, there were some serious goosebumps walking through the tunnel to the field, jumping up to touch the lucky horseshoe and seeing the weight room. I can see why so many recruits gush about the facilities, it is hard to imagine anything much better.

It was also notable that, in the post-Pederson era, there were plenty of tributes to past Huskers. Not just the Wistroms, Fraziers and Roziers, but also the academic all-stars and standouts from other sports. Great tour and a great experience to share with my 8-year-old son.

Anyway, sorry for the long layoff. I'll make up for it this week.

No comments: